The Housing Development Fund, Inc. believes that all households and families should have the opportunity and access to affordable housing, and that affordable housing and economic diversity are beneficial to communities. [Read more about HDF]
What does home mean to you?
For generations, many have seen owning a home as the centerpiece of the American dream. HDF hosted an essay contest that asked area youth to describe what home means to them. Above you can see grand prize winner Jessica MacIntyre describe her family's journey and its challenges, loss, hard work and how all these things helped her understand the meaning of home. To date, we've helped almost 1,800 families purchase their first home.
Because, to our clients, home means so many things. See more HDF stories here.
- Saturday 10/3 9:00AM - 5:00PM
8-hr Homebuyer Education Class - Spanish Language
100 Prospect Street, Suite 100, Stamford CT
Email email@example.com to enroll. No walk-ins.
- Saturday 10/17 & 10/24 9:00AM - 1:00PM
8-hr Homebuyer Education Class in two parts
940 Broad Street, Bridgeport CT
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll. No walk-ins. Must attend both sessions.
- HDF remembers Melvina Peters, a counselor at HDF for over 15 years and a pillar of the Stamford community. We will miss her passion for justice, her sense of humor, and her tremendous strength of character. She is remembered by many.Read More »
- Three-bedroom home available below-market-rate on Seaside Avenue.Read More »
- Every year, alongside the rest of the national NeighborWorks Network, HDF celebrates NeighborWorks week by volunteering in the communities we serve. In 2015, we worked with Norwalk Grassroots Tennis.Read More »