The Housing Development Fund, Inc. believes that all households and families should have the opportunity and access to affordable housing, and that affordable housing and economic diversity are beneficial to communities. [Read more about HDF]
What does home mean to you?
For generations, many have seen owning a home as the centerpiece of the American dream. HDF hosted an essay contest that asked area youth to describe what home means to them. Above you can see grand prize winner Jessica MacIntyre describe her family's journey and its challenges, loss, hard work and how all these things helped her understand the meaning of home. To date, we've helped almost 1,800 families purchase their first home.
Because, to our clients, home means so many things. See more HDF stories here.
- SAT. Apr 11 & 18 10:00AM - 2:00PM
8-hr Homebuyer Education Class in two parts
940 Broad St., Bridgeport
Call (203)-969-1830 x15 to enroll. No walk-ins. Must attend both classes.
- SAT. Apr 18 9:00AM - 5:00PM
SPANISH 8-hr Homebuyer Education Class
100 Prospect St. Suite 100, Stamford
Call (203)-969-1830 x23 to enroll. No walk-ins.
- HDF welcomes new Shore Up CT Program Manager Emmeline Harrigan, whose arrival at HDF and work with this new initiative to help shoreline residents improve the storm resiliency of their homes has been detailed in a profile piece by the Milford Mirror. Harrigan, a longtime resident of Milford, and employee of the City of Milford recently joined HDF's staff and is helping to launch this new loan program.Read More »
- This summer has been especially active for us at the Housing Development Fund. HDF has connected with the community in many different ways, including volunteering at a shelter, managing an art and essay contest, and hosting partner events.Read More »
- In a press conference Monday morning, Gov. Dannel Malloy alongside CT Department of Housing Commissioner Evonne Klein and HDF President & CEO Joan Carty announced the official launch of Shore Up CT.Read More »